It can be hard to handle the holidays when you certain meal prep goals. Do you try to bring a new creative dish that’s maybe a little healthier or do you throw in the towel and eat your favorite holiday dishes?
Most of that depends on your goals. While some of us are simply trying to make it through the holidays without gaining 10 pounds, others are still working on making that scale go down and those jeans fit a little loser. No matter which one you relate to, I’ve collected the top recipes that I would definitely scoop up and add to my plate if they showed up at Thanksgiving. Before I share those, here are two of my favorite family recipes that we love to have at holiday meals!
?? Grandma’s Sausage Dressing
1 Package Seasoned Stuffing Mix
3 Celery Stalks
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
01. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Dice onions and celery. Add onion, celery, and sausage over medium/high heat cooking until sausage is cooked and onions and celery are tender. Drain off excess fat.
02. Moisten stuffing mix with hot water then mix in eggs, seasonings, and cooked sausage mixture.
03. Place into a greased 2-quart casserole dish and cook for 35 minutes.
??? Aunt Mona’s Spinach Madeline
2 Packages Frozen Chopped Spinach
4 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Flour
2 tbsp Chopped Onion
½ cup Evaporated Milk
1 tsp Worcestershire
½ cup Spinach Liquid
½ tsp Salt and Pepper
¾ tsp Garlic Salt
8-12oz of Shredded Mexican Velveeta (depending on how cheesy you prefer)
01. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook spinach, drain, and reserve liquid. Melt butter in saucepan then add flour, stirring until blended and smooth (do not brown.) Add onions and cook until soft.
02. Add spinach liquid and milk slowly, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Cook until smooth and thick.
03. Add in Worcestershire and seasonings then begin adding cheese little by little. Once the cheese has melted add in cooked spinach and mix well.
04. Pour into large, shallow baking dish for 30 minutes.
❤️Now here’s a roundup of the recipes I would definitely be adding to my plate❤️:
Let me know if you decide to cook any of these recipes! If you post any pictures on Instagram of these be sure to tag me @thebalancedprep so I can see! As for me, I’m grabbing the ingredients for the pumpkin blondies today and I’m planning to bring the Waldorf Salad to my family’s Thanksgiving dinner! I hope you all have a wonderful Turkey Day!